Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy May Day!


When I was little, we used to make little paper baskets and fill them with lilacs and snowball flowers (picked, of course, from over the neighbor's fence :) ) and leave them on people's doorsteps. I haven't done that in years! Maybe when the babies get older we can carry on that tradition. The neighbors behind us put in a lilac bush last fall, so in a few years it should be ripe for the picking! Just kidding :) I'm 14 weeks pregnant today, which means I've entered the second trimester! The babies are between 3 1/2 and 4 inches long, and weigh about an ounce each. They will be doing a lot of growing in the next few weeks! I ordered a twins book on the Internet, and it should be here today. I'm really looking forward to it, because none of the books I have have more than a chapter on being pregnant with multiples. It will be nice to be able to see a picture with TWO babies in it, instead of seeing just one and guessing where the other one is. I have another doctor's appointment tomorrow, so we might get to see the babies again. Today I'm off to Target to try and find some new pants, as none of mine seem to be fitting anymore. We're going to Seattle this weekend to see Scott's brother and his wife and their new house, and I'm sure lots of shopping will be involved! That's the benefit of going with your in-laws...the guys can do whatever they want, and the girls can just shop, shop, shop!

1 comment:

Michael and Cristi said...

Jordan, I'm so excited for you! Having two babies so amazing. I had a few books that I could have given to you but I had another friend that is having twins and wanted them. I'm glad you found a good book. Even after having 3 other kids I still wanted to know about having twins! Congrats again and let me know what you are going to have!
Cristi