Monday, December 13, 2010

Hmmm...

Ever since we took Luke out of his crib, we haven't really had a problem with him staying in bed.  He gets up sometimes, but always gets back into bed before he falls asleep.  Lately, though, he has been sleeping in all sorts of weird places.  We have found him between the cribs, under the bumper pads, behind the door...he seems to like small, enclosed spaces.  It's like he's the opposite of claustrophobic. 

Last night, I put them in bed at 8:30.  I could hear Emily walking around, playing, and generally just not sleeping for quite a while.  At about 10 (!) I went in there to put her back in her bed, and stepped on something soft and fleecy.  It was Luke's pajamas.  Laying right next to his diaper.  Meaning he was naked.  In bed.  NAKED.  Totally asleep, all spread-eagle, not even covered up.  I put a diaper and his jammies back on and covered him  up.  He didn't even wake up.  I put Em back in bed and called it a night.

Luke woke up a little before 4:30, crying.  When I opened the door, I picked him up and he said "machine on." I don't think he was even awake.  Then he said "Hi!" and "I need tatties (his little giraffe blankets)"  I put him in bed and went looking for the tatties, which is no easy feat when you're sound asleep and it's pitch black and you're trying to not wake up the other kiddo.  I finally found the blanket that he sleeps with in the closet.  Warm.  Like he had been ASLEEP IN THE CLOSET!!!  I covered him back up, again, and he slept until 9:30 this morning.

And just now, when I got him up from his nap, he had slept in the closet again!  In this snazzy get-up:

No pants.  Socks.  Boots on the wrong feet.  Awesome.

So it looks like we have a little nudist-in-the-making.  Or a sleepwalker.  Goodness, can you imagine if it's both??!?  We could have a nekkid toddler roaming the house by night!  Well, roaming his room at least.  He can't get out of his room at night anymore, thanks to a childproof door knob that was put in place after Scott found him wandering around one night with the plunger, muttering about the Wiggles.  But that's a story for a different day...

4 comments:

Sarah M. said...

Haaaahhaaaaa. Oh friend, this is awesome. Keep up the fun stories. I love it and you. ♥

Matt and Amanda said...

Oh goodness! this is just too funny. Lots of bedtime stories lately!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love it! (Literally just spewed some wine out of my nose while reading about plungers, muttering, and the Wiggles.) :o)

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

How funny! Today at the splash pad a kid took off all his clothes and streaked through the park! LOL

Steph